Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Packer Wiki Home
3 Current Events
E3a. Current Events in Gene Therapy
1. Review Packets from Friday
2. Hand back tests
3. Add to wiki good study tips
4. Read the article below and answer the corresponding questions
Read the New York Times article carefully and answer the following questions:
Building a Virtual Microbe, Gene by Gene by Gene - New York Times.pdf
1. Why did scientists choose to try to reconstruct the E. coli bacteria?
2. How many genes does the E. coli bacteria have? Does this surprise you? Why or why not?
3. Describe how E. coli bacteria metabolize food.
4. How does E. coli swim? Describe.
5. What is one potential benefit to creating a model of E. coli?
Dropbox the NY Times Article Questions for meeting 2 (G: Tues, B: Wed)
From page A116, dropbox questions 1-3 and the Challenge question for meeting 2 (G: Tues, B: Wed). Call it "E3a-a."
Get test signed by a parent by friday(2/6/09)
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"